Have you ever noticed how your rosacea skin can appear oily and yet still feel incredibly chronically dry and red? This seeming contradiction arises because of fundamental differences between normal and rosacea-prone skin.
Understanding these differences is the key to adopting an appropriate rosacea skin care regimen.
Understanding the differences normal skin vs. rosacea skin
- Normal Skin: Normal facial skin is continuously moisturized by the skin’s oil glands (sebaceous glands). In response to environmental changes such as cold, wind, heat and sun, sebaceous gland activity increases to ensure moisture remains steady throughout the day. In turn, this moisture is maintained by the skin’s outer layer.
- Rosacea Skin: In contrast, rosacea skin contains multiple defects in both the oil glands and outer skin layers that compromise the skin’s moisture balance and weaken the skin’s external barrier. The result is extremely sensitive and often chronically dry feeling skin that represents a major challenge to developing an effective rosacea skin care approach.
This dynamic has been well studied. Scientific and clinical studies have demonstrated that most rosacea sufferers (of all subtypes) exhibit moderate-to-severe dehydration and chronic dry skin syndrome. It is not that the oil glands don’t function in rosacea skin, but rather that what they produce is thinned out and key moisturizing compounds are inactivated by chronic inflammation. The result is that rosacea sufferers often have “bone-dry” skin that is oily looking because the sebaceous glands cannot produce healthy, moisturizing oils and lipids.
Dehydration and Rosacea Dermatitis
Over time, the underlying dehydration of the skin leads to “Rosacea Dermatitis” and weakens the epidermal skin barrier.
The weaker the skin’s outer defenses, the greater the skin’s sensitivity. Thus begins a vicious cycle, as the weak skin allows environmental insults to penetrate deeper into the skin and trigger more intense inflammation and flushing episodes.
Worse still, finding an effective rosacea skin care solution to this problem is difficult, as many rosacea sufferers cannot use typical over the counter or facial moisturizers due to super sensitive skin that often reacts with burning and agitation to the very ingredients that make that product effective, fragrances added and more.
Whats your best pro-active step in managing your dry rosacea skin?
Simply put, there is no ONE treatment or product will cure the skin dryness caused by rosacea or not.
We believe regardless of skin type and condition that managing any skin issue is a cumulative effect of inner health ( inside the body) and outer health ( the products and conditions that you subject your skin to). This is the reason why we at Rosadyn recommend that you take a integrated approach to managing your rosacea skin. For purposes of this specific article, chronic dry skin and rosacea is why we are recommending using skin care for rosacea products for the outside and utilizing Rosadyn Rosacea Support treatment for the inside. A double whammy to address your dry sensitive skin.
Recommended rosacea skin care for dry skin. treating the outside
As fellow rosacea sufferers and through recommendations and stories of Rosadyn users the following rosacea skin care lines have shown promise in helping rosacea skin. Please note just like snow flakes, all rosacea sufferers skin sensitivities are different. What works for some may not for others. This is why we recommend doing a test run with any new skin care product that you may be considering by first using a travel size kit. This will help you to see if you have a reaction to their product line for rosacea. Why try the whole rosacea skin care line when you may only need a moisturizer? Often skin care lines are formulated to work together to achieve results and while right now you may only need a moisturizer in the future you may want to add in other products.
Need one product or a whole regimen, testing the complete skin care for rosacea via travel pack size is a less expensive approach to finding out which skin care line works for you before you invest in full size’s within a product line.
The Aveeno line for sensitive and redness prone skin contains Feverfew, a resilient flower known for its soothing properties, is one of nature’s most powerful antioxidants. Ultra-Calming line Fragrance-free, soap-free, noncomedogenic,hypoallergenic
AVEENO® ACTIVE NATURALS® Feverfew is organically farmed and its natural benefits are captured in the ULTRA-CALMING line in formulas that soothe sensitive skin and visibly reduce the appearance of redness for skin
- Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser – cleanser lifts away dirt, oil, and make-up without over-drying or aggravating sensitive skin.
- Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15 – oil-free, hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic, and dermatologist tested
- Gentle, calm and soothing with delicate non-irritating fragrances derived from Nature.
- Rich in anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial ingredients including Vitamin K and Willowherb
- The first to offer Strontium skincare therapy to the world of rosacea.
- Non-Comedogenic. Will not clog pores.
- Formulated with molecular purity that assures maximum effectiveness.
- Made with natural ingredients and free of artificial colors or preservatives.
- UltraCalming™ cleanser gentle gel/cream that cleanses while calming sensitivity.
- Barrier repair – moisturizer that melts gently into sensitized skin to soothe and reinforce the protective barrier. Now formulated with our exclusive UltraCalming™; Complex. Contains no artificial fragrance or color.
- UltraCalming™ serum concentrate – helps calm, restore and defend sensitized skin. Contains no artificial fragrance or color
- UltraCalming™ relief masque – ultra-calming treatment masque enriched with Colloidal Oatmeal to soothe enraged skin and provide lasting relief from sensitized skin flare-ups, redness and rosacea.
This is just a short list of some of our Rosadyn users skin care products that they shared with us.
Help maintain skin from the inside – How Rosadyn works to help support rosacea skin
Rosadyn’s Mediterranean Olive Fruit Extract Helps Normalize Moisture Levels and Inflammation in Rosacea Skin
Mediterranean skin is known for its health, beauty and thickness. Part of this is genetic, but recent studies have shown that a diet high in Mediterranean olive fruit extract is an excellent supplement for skin moisturization, stimulates healthy skin cell production, supplies the proper precursors for a tight, non-porous complexion, reduces skin inflammation, normalizes sebaceous gland secretions and inflammation, and protects the facial skin from heat, sun, wind, and irritating skin care products. At the proper clinical doses, an oral pharmaceutical-grade olive fruit extract can reverse rosacea-based skin dehydration and dryness…and outperforms many topical moisturizers.
This one of the reasons why we felt it important that olive fruit extract was included in our Rosadyn Rosacea Treatment product.
- Males with rosacea, how to avoid rosacea shaving irritation tips.
- Is it adult acne, rosacea or hormonal acne? How to tell the difference and popular treatment options.
So, while your moisturizing from the outside,
fight rosacea skin dryness from the inside too with Rosadyn.