News – Enhanced Rosadyn Formula Just Released
The new formula is called Rosadyn+. (Rosadyn Plus)
Our Research & Development team has been keeping track of cutting-edge rosacea research and treatment over the years as a myriad of scientific and clinical discoveries detailed exact defects in rosacea skin, blood vessels and the skin’s compromised immune system. This helped shed new light on the underlying pathophysiology and gave us very specific rosacea modulators to target.
Our focus was to improve the effectiveness of Rosadyn by researching selective, clinically-proven nutraceuticals that targeted these newly-identified rosacea pathways.
With this new research we were able to greatly enhance the “Anti-Redness & Anti-Flushing Support©”, “Clear Skin Complexion Support©” and “Trigger Reduction Support©” of the new Rosadyn+ formula with five unique clinical-grade nutraceuticals:
(2) Sulforaphane [New Enzyme-Activated, Enteric-Coated Formula]
(3) Maqui Berry Superfruit Extract
(4) Pomegranate Berry Superfruit Extract
(5) Mangosteen Berry Superfruit Extract.
These five new ingredients are nearly devoid of side effects – just like a sugar pill — and do not have any allergic potential, are actually gentler to the stomach and are extracted with GREEN water distillation purifiers that do not use any alcohols, solvents or separation agents that are harmful to the nutraceutical or the environment. This is an exciting new formula that should have potent anti-rosacea actions on most rosacea sufferers, especially the moderate-to-severe sufferers who have fallen through the medical health care system with few treatment options.
Five New Clinical-Grade Nutraceuticals In The Rosadyn+ Formula
(1) Menaquinone-7 – this nutraceutical is derived from the Vitamin K family but all of its actions are focused on promoting vascular health and normal vascular responsiveness. This is so effective that it’s being used to help treat vascular dysfunction in cardiovascular disease, hypertension, diabetes and inflammatory skin disorders.
- Menaquinone-7 suppresses a key overactive enzyme in the muscle layer of the blood vessel wall that regulates flushing and blushing responses. This greatly reduces the intensity and duration of flushing and blushing responses and in some cases may completely prevent them.
- Menaquinone-7 suppresses inflammation inside the blood vessel wall of rosacea sufferers. This, in turn constricts surface blood vessels to help reduce facial redness and blotchiness.
- Menaquinone-7 greatly reduces the calcification and formation of telangiectasia (permanently dilated, fragile blood vessels) by reducing the influx of excess calcium into the blood vessel wall.
(2) Sulforaphane [New Enzyme-Activated, Enteric-Coated Formula] – this nutraceutical is special. It is literally one of the best nutraceuticals for rosacea treatment.
We have worked closely with our Sulforaphane manufacturer to monitor this new Sulforaphane formulation. Developing an enzyme-activated version greatly increased the bioavailability of sulforaphane into the blood stream and adding an enteric coating protected the Sulforaphane from damaging acids in the stomach – making this new sulforaphane significantly more bioavailable and bioactive.
These are both extremely important because sulforaphane penetrates into the cell nucleus of blood vessels and skin cells to provide potent anti-inflammatory actions, angiogenesis inhibition and blood vessel healing. This is not your Father’s Sulforaphane!
- Enzyme-activated Sulforaphane is one of the most potent inhibitors of angiogenesis. In clinical studies it can inhibit excess blood vessel growth by 83%. This is important to rosacea sufferers as uncontrolled angiogenesis is one of the core disturbances in rosacea and must be addressed for rosacea sufferers to get better.
- Enzyme-activated Sulforaphane inhibits the production of three key inflammatory substances central to rosacea progression – NF Kappa Beta, Inflammatory Cytokines and Dilator Prostaglandins
- Enzyme-activated Sulforaphane is unique in that it activates “Antioxidant Response Elements (ARE’s) around blood vessels and skin cells in the facial skin. This is important to rosacea treatment as scientific and clinical studies in 2014 & 2015 have shown that rosacea sufferer’s cellular ARE’s are defective and contribute significantly to rosacea symptoms and triggers.
(3) Maqui Berry Superfruit Extract – this nutraceutical, derived from the pulp of Maqui Berries from the tropical forests of Chile was voted the #1 Superfruit, antioxidant and natural anti-inflammatory in 2015 due to its clinical actions within the human body, especially on inflamed skin, damaged blood vessels and inflamed eyes.
- Maqui Berry is the most potent anti-oxidant ever tested. Out of all the antioxidants currently known to man it is, by far, #1. It scavenges free radicals 400% greater than the popular Acai Superfruit! The key point is that inflammatory free radicals are involved in every rosacea symptom and trigger… and is central to rosacea progression. If free radicals are left unchecked they damage & kill skin cells, greatly increase flushing and blushing intensity and duration and wreak havoc on the protective epidermal layer. Maqui Berry stops this inflammatory process with unique molecules called Delphinols. They scavenge and inactivate all free radicals known to be active in rosacea. This is the single best anti-inflammatory one can use against rosacea as this is a free-radical based disorder of the skin.
- Maqui Berry also restores fragile blood vessels through the use of anthocyandins. These molecules are close cousins to Rosadyn’s pro-anthocyandins Pine Bark Extract and work synergistically to maintain healthy blood vessels and normalize vascular hyper-reactivity.
- Maqui Berry is quite unique as it has been proven to treat various inflammatory eye conditions, much like ocular rosacea. This superfruit increases tear production by up to 50% and greatly increases the quality of the tears and the tear film layer – this is great news for all ocular rosacea sufferers. Maqui Berry also blocks inflammatory cytokines which irritate the ocular surface of rosacea sufferers and is currently the main target for prescription rosacea eye drops. This is a great supplement just for the treatment of ocular rosacea.
(4) Pomegranate Berry Superfruit Extract – this nutraceutical, derived from the seeds and pulp of tropical Pomegranates is the #2 highest-rated antioxidant studied to date and due to molecules called punicosides is hailed by many Naturopathic Physicians (N.D.) as the perfect anti-acne supplement.
- Punicosides (40% standardized) from Pomegranates help to normalize the skin’s immune system and suppress immune-mediated inflammation. This blocks neutrophils from migrating to the epidermis – which, in turn – reduces the formation of rosacea papules and pustules. It also reduces inflammation in-and-around sebaceous glands which may explain a potential connection to treatment of demodex.
- Pomegranate also helps to clear regular acne due to its effect on blocking hormones that trigger formation of white heads and blackheads around the center of the face and the mouth area where the pore concentration is the largest and most active.
- Recent clinical studies have shown Pomegranates to have significant beneficial actions on damage to the inner lining of blood vessels throughout the entire body. This is excellent news for rosacea sufferers as protecting and reversing inner lining vascular damage is key to stopping the progression of vascular fragility, hyper-reactivity and angiogenesis.
(5) Mangosteen Berry Superfruit Extract – this nutraceutical, derived from the rind of the tropical Mangosteen berry contains unique molecules – xanthones – that possess some of the most potent and beneficial actions on skin health and complexion.
- Xanthones are almost as strong as Maqui Berries when it comes to anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory actions, but these xanthones are skin-specific. They literally seek out inflamed skin cells by following inflammatory cell adhesion molecules in rosacea skin. This not only leads them to the rosacea outbreaks to treat, but along the way the xanthones clear the cell adhesion molecules which helps break the acne rosacea cycle.
- Mangosteen berry is also proven to speed up skin healing through several other important compounds. In areas of damage or acne breakouts Mangosteen stimulates zinc-, selenium- and sulfur-based healing molecule release from adjacent skin cells. This greatly speeds up the healing process and subsequent clearing of hard-to-treat rosacea papules and pustules. In rosacea biopsies scientist normally find a large number of free radicals inside the papule and pustule inflammatory fluid. The xanthones quench these free radicals and often quench free radicals right as they are formed which inhibits them from having any adverse biological actions on the skin… this important action is also key to clearing rosacea-affected skin.
- Xanthones also play an important role in quelling epidermal inflammation and subsequent acne outbreaks. The rosacea epidermis is often chronically inflamed which leads to the release of a myriad of inflammatory substances onto the dermis and into the pores of the skin. Xanthones have been shown in scientific studies to greatly reduce most forms of epidermal inflammation, and more specifically, Prostaglandin E2 which is one of the strongest acne rosacea triggers. All the above-mentioned actions of Mangosteen Superfruit and their xanthones work in tandem to act as one of the best oral nutraceuticals for rosacea sufferers suffering from acne rosacea and regular acne.
New Rosadyn+ Formula Is Better For All Rosacea Subtypes
When a topical or oral product works for a rosacea sufferer they often get concerned when any changes are made to the formula. Everyone at Rosadyn personally knows this fact. However, we are positive that this new Rosadyn+ formula will help every rosacea sufferer achieve better and faster results. Why?
- We only removed two ingredients from the original Rosadyn formula – Boswellia Extract and Yellow Sweet Clover Extract. Seven years ago it was thought that certain enzymes such as COX-1 and COX-2 enzymes played a role in rosacea symptoms. That is why we incorporated Boswellia into our original formula – because it is an excellent natural blocker of these two inflammatory enzymes; however, over time, multiple in-depth studies utilizing advanced dermoscopy methods (not available seven years ago) have proven that these two enzymes play absolutely no role in any rosacea subtype or trigger. Thus, removing Boswellia extract has no effect on Rosadyn+.We just follow the science and clinical studies at the time of publication and we are professional enough to make necessary changes when new clinical evidence with state-of-the-art investigative dermatology equipment indicates a nutraceutical does not play any role in rosacea treatment.
- We included Yellow Sweet Clover in our original Rosadyn formula because rosacea studies showed that lymphatic vessels in rosacea-affected skin were:
[b] did not function properly or
[c] were overwhelmed — these important vessels are in charge of removing inflammatory substances, immune cells, free radicals, metabolic waste and excess water. If they don’t function properly then most of the inflammation stays in the rosacea-affected skin.Thus, this was an important nutraceutical to add seven years ago. However, recent studies on our Enzyme-Activated Sulforaphane, Rutin, Hesperidin, Menaquinone-7 and Pomegranate Berry Superfruit Extract demonstrated that each ingredient was even more effective at normalizing damaged or dysfunctional lymphatic vessels as Yellow Sweet Clover.Thus, our Yellow Sweet Clover was overkill and we could now invest that expense in new findings on very specific pathways involved in rosacea pathophysiology and its treatment.
- The five new ingredients that we added to Rosadyn+ are nearly devoid of side effects – just like a sugar pill — and do not have any allergic potential, are actually more gentle to the stomach and are extracted with GREEN water distillation purifiers that do not use any alcohols, solvents or separation agents that are harmful to the nutraceutical or the environment.
* We do strongly recommend if you currently are undergoing medical treatments for any medical conditions that you seek approval from your medical professional first before taking any supplements, changing lifestyle or dietary changes that may affect your condition or treatments.